I planted Bok Choy in my backyard. There were too many of them and started blooming. I found that the flower of Bok Choy is edible. I boiled it and mixed with soy sauce and sesame oil. I served it when I invited my Japanese friend to lunch. The boiled Bok Choy was delicious. She and I liked it. They tasted bit like Chinese broccoli.
Here is the recipe:
Boiled Bok Choy with soy sauce and sesame oil
A bunch Bok Choy flower with stem(4-5 inches long)
1 quart of water (Less water is OK)
½ teaspoon sea salt
1 Table spoon soy sauce
1 teaspoon sesame oil1. Wash and clean Bok Choy flower with stem. If stem is too large, it may be too hard to eat. Leave the small tender stem and cut of the rest.
2. Boil water and add the salt
3. Add Bok Choy flower
4. Boil 3-5 minutes or stem is tender. Take out the larger stem and pinch it to test it.
5. Take Bok Choy out and drain the water. Cool it for 5 minutes.
6. In a medium size bowl, mix soy sauce and sesame oil.
7. Cut the boiled Bok Choy into 1 ½ inches long.
8. Put Bok Choy in the source bowl and mix.
9. Dish it up and serve warm.
(NOTES) Adjust amount of soy sauce and sesame oil. Possible addition is black pepper and chili powder.