Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Lime Cake Pudding Recipe


I had many lime getting old in my kitchen. I was looking for a recipe which use a lot of lime and is simple to make.
I found one from Betty Crocker’s Picture cook book First edition(third printing 1950 redbook) given by my husband’s grandmother.
According to the page of this recipe, Pudding desserts where pudding and sauce bake in same dish.
It turned out to be right. The cake was top half and bottom half was custard like. I brought the Lime cake pudding to taste to our friends since my sons don’t like any lemony taste deserts and cannot tell me it is good. They loved the sweet and sour taste and told me they liked the aftertaste better than Lime pie. Of course my husband loved it and had his second serving.
My recipe is slightly different from the original.


------------------------------

Lime Cake Pudding

Ingredients
¼ cup shifted unbleached flour
1 cup sugar
Pinch of salt (Reduced)
1tsp grated lime rind (Reduced )
¼ cup lime juice
2 egg yolks, well beaten
1 cup milk
2 egg whites



Cooking instructions
1. Preheat oven 350 degree.
2. Shift together the first 3 dry ingredients above.
3. Stir lime rind, lime juice, egg yolks, and milk into the dry mixture above.
4. Beat egg whites to stiffly
5. Fold egg whites into milk and other mixture.

6. Pour the mixture into casserole pan or 6 custard cups.
7. Set the pan or cups in pan of water (1” deep)
8. Bake for 45 to 50 minutes.
9. Serve warm or cold with or without whipped cream

1 comment:

haekichi said...

yummy fumi!
www.cakepud.blogspot.com